Mold is virtually everywhere, so completely removing all mold from your home or business is impossible. However, proceeding with mold remediation when EXCESS mold exists is critical for the health and welfare or your family or employees. Consider these facts about mold:
- Mold is nearly everywhere, outdoors or indoors.
- Mold is microscopic, and can get into your home or business through an open window, door, AC unit, or even an unknowing accomplice like the family pet!
- Moisture allows mold spores to thrive. Mold spores can grown quickly once exposed to water. Water extraction is the first priority after a flooding incident to reduce the opportunity for mold growth.
- Because water is the main growth mechanism, we have to dry up any standing water so that once the mold is removed, it won’t return.
- Mold has a strong, musty scent, and can lead you to potential areas of mold growth.
- Keeping indoor-humidity below 45% is critical. Higher than normal humidity can promote mold growth.
Mold can produce irritants and allergens, and can cause other side effects. It can spread in as little as 48 hours once it starts to take hold. If you suspect mold in your home or business, let our trained experts assess the situation. If mold remediation is required, then we have the training and equipment to ensure success.
It’s best to have a mold infestation dealt with as quickly as possible. There are a variety of health risks associated with mold exposure, and the EPA and CDC point out the following:
- Breathing difficulties
- Persistent cough or cold symptoms
- Asthma attacks
- Burning or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat or lungs
- Skin irritation
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Allergic reactions
- Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals
There are about 50 to 100 different types of mold that can cause health problems. The most common of these are:
- Stachybotrys chartarum
Mold Remediation Specialists
If you suspect mold in your home or business, then call us today so we can begin an assessment. Time is of the essence when dealing with mold infestation, and reducing the amount of excess water and humidity is the first, best step. We have the training, equipment and expertise to do the job right!